Hello Feeddler Pro Users,
Google Reader expires tomorrow, which means that if you don’t transfer your subscriptions to another RSS aggregator pronto, you will lose them, and Feeddler Pro will become useless. If you have the latest version of Feeddler Pro installed (if not, update!), you can migrate your subscriptions to The Old Reader, a free alternative to Google Reader.
Set up The Old Reader:
- Register a new account at http://theoldreader.com.
Fetch your subscriptions from Google Reader:
- In Google Reader go to Settings, then find Import/Export tab.
- Click on link “Download your data through Takeout.”
- In the Takeout window, once your data has fully loaded and the Reader pane indicates “100%”, click button “Create Archive”.
- A zip folder will be downloaded to your computer.
- Find the zip folder on your computer. Open it, open the “Reader” folder inside the zip folder, and find submissions.xml. That file contains the RSS subscriptions.
Import fetched subscriptions into The Old Reader:
- Log into The Old Reader.
- Find the “Import” link (should be on the top towards the right).
- Click the “Import” link.
- Click “Choose File” button, then browse for submissions.xml on your computer and select it.
- Click “Import.”
Set up Feeddler Pro (must be latest version!) to work with The Old Reader:
- In Feeddler Pro (IPad version – I assume IPhone works the same way), tap the “Account” button (it’s a button containing the outline of a person at the top left of the screen).
- Click “The Old Reader.”
- Enter your The Old Reader username and password.
- Click “Login” button.
- Go back to basic account overview, and make sure that under “saved accounts” your “The Old Reader” account is checked.